Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling Thankful

The more I research derby the more thankful and lucky I feel to be learning from PRG. We may not have our own warehouse like Gotham does, but the rink we skate at has painted track lines for us and we get to skate three practices a week. Plus there's other outside ops to skate outside and to do other exercises with the team. I am glad and lucky to be a part of an established league. I am not taking that for granted!

There are lots of videos online that show skaters skating around a track marked off with cones instead of lines! These girls are not practicing how they are going to bout and it just doesn't bode well for them :(
Also, I am discovering that a LOT of skaters don't bother to read the WFTDA rulebook. It's only 30 something pages! Yet they don't read it. To their and their league's detriment. I have read the rulebook through almost twice and tomorrow is my first official fresh meat practice! And I've watched countless hours of bout footage, online and in person. It's way more fun to watch a bout after you know all the rules!! Trust me.

So, my goal is to make the league's all-stars travel team in a year or two. I don't know if others will think that's arrogant or not, but I think it's a worthy goal to have. Anyway, if everyone was honest, they'd admit that was their goal too... unless they're the Eeyore sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment