Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day two of WFTDA Championals

Yesterday morning, my friend R dropped me off at the airport on his way to work. I waited and ate breakfast for an hour until boarding time, but there was a delay. Just half an hour due to some birds flying in the engine. 'Yuck,' I thought. Two hours rolled by and still in the airport. They finally canceled the flight. What a disappointment. Well, I rallied and was set to get on the next flight, but it wasn't until 540pm, which would mean I wouldn't land until about ten minutes after PRG started their bout and it still takes an hour to get to the venue from the airport. I decided to f it and go home to at least watch be able to watch it!
I'm glad I did, because, as it turns out, that was the only game (well, so far) that they won. And they won by exactly 100 points. This morning, a dif R emailed and texted me. She's in Chicago and was going to find her and sit with her, but I didn't have her cell number to let her know about my screwed up plans. I didn't think she'd have email access, but she does. Turns out there's a PRG DNN watching party which she connected me with. So awesome and nice of her. And then the party turned out to be about 4 or 5 blocks from my house!! I just walked on over. It made me feel slightly less murderous towards the birds. While it was sad to watch Gotham and Philly lose, at least I was surrounded by funny folks who understood what was going on. Last night, at the end of the PRG game, my internet died and so I ran over to T and A's. They didn't understand what was going on and didn't really care. That made me a little sad.
Tomorrow PRG takes on Gotham in a battle for 3rd place. It could go either way. Philly definitely has the chops to take them, but it turns into a head game that Gotham usually wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment