Saturday, March 19, 2011

Slightly injured

Well. I didn't want to mention this before, but now that it's official I might as well post about it.

I believe it was the 7th of March that I fell on my skate wheel and bruised my tailbone. Because of that, I didn't notice until the next day that my ankle felt wonky. I bought an ankle brace during my lunch break at work and the next day, the 9th, was assessments. I was fast, but not as fast as I could be and I couldn't be as agile as I once was, but I thought everything was fine... except for the fact that I fell more than I have been used to and my ankle kept feeling wonky. Especially during the following Monday, the 14th's practice. Dr. Ralph came to practice on Wednesday the 16th and affirmed my suspicions - it's sprained.

BOO :(

At least I made it to level 2 (I get my detailed results back tomorrow when I meet with Flo).

And it should be healed within another week. If not, well, I have to probably get an x-ray.

Injury treatment:

I've been putting it in a bucket of water and ICE for 15 minutes each day. Then I rotate it in small circles both directions and keep it elevated above my heart afterward for at least an hour or two. The first day in the ice was the hardest. The second day, well, I think my foot might be getting used to it? Tonight is the third day. We'll see how it goes in a few minutes!

P.S. I have an iPod touch with a camera on it, so I'll try to post with photos from now on! :)
P.P.S. Did I mention that I still can't sit without pain? I didn't? Well. Now you know.

It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment